Farallon Geographics Certifications and Contracting Information
Farallon is an employee-owned, State of California-certified small business enterprise located in San Francisco
At Farallon, our focus is location-based data solutions. We design systems that not only improve decision-making and communications for clients, but also reduce the time and capital required to complete a business process. We seek out the most innovative solutions to best address a client's needs and positively impact the bottom line. A successful enterprise GIS demands complete, scalable, available and manageable spatial data solutions and we have a long track record of delivering exactly that.
San Francisco Green Business
As a San Francisco Green Business, Farallon Geographics is committed to helping the planet through mapping and geographical information services (GIS), as well as minimizing our impact on the environment. Some of the steps we have implemented include:
- We post maps and geographic information online to minimize paper use.
- We help environmental organizations such as Bay Area Air Quality Management District by building mapping applications to monitor air quality.
- We reuse, compost and recycle.
- We all bike, walk, BART, and MUNI to the office.
- All marketing is online so no trees are harmed or fossil fuels consumed.
- We use CFLs and Energy Star equipment.
- We buy recycled content products and low-toxic cleaners.
What is the Green Business Program?
San Francisco Green Business Program is a partnership of various City agencies that promotes, recognizes and provides hands-on support to local businesses that operate in an environmentally responsible way. In order to get designated as a San Francisco Green Business, a business must be in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and implement a minimum number of resource conservation, waste minimization and pollution prevention practices.
State of California Department of General Services Master Services Agreement (MSA) 54157 for Geographic Information Software (GIS and Related Services)
MSA 54157 Contract #: 5-06-70-06
Contract Term: 9/1/2006 through 8/31/2011
* Core GIS
* Internet GIS
What is MSA 54157?
The State of California Department of General Services (DGS) has established the MSA to make available a pool of qualified GIS product and services providers from which State and local agencies may purchase GIS software and/or related services. The DGS has already conducted the formal bidding process, verifying the qualifications of the MSA vendors and setting pricing. Therefore, State and local agencies may bypass going to bid by using the MSA.
Farallon Geographics, Inc. is one of the selected GIS vendors included under the MSA. Farallon is GIS application independent, meaning that we provide multilingual GIS services and unbiased technical expertise. We have extensive experience with a variety of enterprise-level and desktop GIS tools. Under the MSA, we offer customized software services for Core GIS and Internet GIS.
California Multiple Awards Schedule Contract (CMAS)
CMAS Contract #:3-10-70-1639D - GSA#: GS-35F-0534W
Contract Term: 11/30/10 through 10/31/15
What is the CMAS?
The CMAS contracting vehicle allows California state and local agencies the flexibility to choose the service that best meets their specific needs at competitive rates, while also streamlining the procurement process. Farallon Geographics, Inc. is an approved CMAS vendor, authorized to provide the following Information Technology Consulting Services to state and local agencies within the State of California:
- IT Consult-System Integration
- IT Consult-Project Planning
- IT Consult-System Design
- IT Consult-Project Mgmt
- IT Consult-Database Design
- IT Consult-Software Develop
- IT Consult-System Development
- IT Consult-Programming
- IT Consult-Website Design
- IT Consult-System Implement
- IT Consult-GPS/GIS
- IT Consult-System Analysis
Pavement Management Technical Assistance Program (P-TAP) Approved Consulting Firm
Pavement Management Technical Assistance Program (P-TAP) selects qualified consultants to provide San Francisco Bay Area jurisdictions with assistance and expertise in implementing and maintaining their pavement management systems. Farallon is a qualified P-TAP 9 consultant and vendor. Farallon has assisted a number of cities and counties to integrate MTC's "StreetSaver" pavement management system with their GIS (such as ESRI ArcSDE).
- Certified California Small Business (Micro) #0023659, expires 3/31/2015
- San Francisco Local Business Enterprise (LBE) - Certification # HRC040914413, expires 4/30/2015 (Vendor # 62527)
- City and County of San Francisco S.F. Administrative Code Chapter 12B / Equal Benefits Compliant